(Recommendation) FXO-USB device easily integrated with FreePBX

Hi,
Our lab bought some FXO-USB devices 5 years ago and didn’t use them until now. I’m having a hard time installing them in a FreePBX, that’s why I would like an opinion about what is available in the market that is easily integrated with FreePBX.
This is what we have: https://amfeltec.com/usb-fxo-adapter/

System info: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-642.6.2.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed Oct 26 06:14:53 UTC 2016 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Asterisk version: Asterisk 13.18.3 built by mockbuild @ jenkins2.schmoozecom.net on a i686 running Linux on 2017-12-01 23:01:42 UTC
Dahdi version: DAHDI Version: 2.11.1 Echo Canceller:
FreePBX version: freepbx.noarch 13.0.192.16-1.shmz65.1.57

Our FreePBX is old, I need a solution that works in this scenario, but it would be great if it also works for other more recent FreePBXs.

It sounds like you will need to manually configure these devices without the assistance of the PBX GUI.

Another external option is a SIP ATA gateway, with new SIP extensions that you register to your PBX for each FXO port. This would involve two web GUIs to manage – one for the PBX and one for the ATA.

Internally you could add a PCI card with FXO ports, using the DAHDI drivers, and PBX GUI.

I suggest you check the version of dahdi. I think the USB-FXO can not support the current driver.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.