Queues in Asterisk 1.4.22.2

I have couple of question if someone could answer please,

im running Asterisk 1.4.22.2

I have successfully setup call queues with a round robin strategy with 4 agents,

i want to know if is it possible in Asterisk 1.4.22.2 to have Periodic Announcements to callers such as you are number 1 in queue and so on, and please wait your call is important for us, and other regular announcements for a queue of any company.

is it possible to let caller hear ringing instead of Music On Hold?

if so please some one let me know how to do this…from no where i have come till here any my asterisk box is almost ready to be in production (when i first heard of asterisk i didnt even knew how to use vi or nano editor) just need this few fine tunning, ofcourse im so grateful to Great Asterisk Community.

specially BKruse, Ryan, ianplain,Tzafrir and list is very big.

Thank you Asterisk Gurus.

Hi

Im busy right now so can only give a couple of pointers, announcments are set up in the queues.conf. the wiki has some good examples.

As to ringing instead of music, its a bit tricky if you want announcments, what you have to do is create a raw wav file and then create a music context that has that as its “music” then define the queue to here this “music” Ie they hear a recording of ringback tone as the music.

Ian

I can answer this part at least:

yes it is, in your extensions.conf file try setting up your queues like this:

exten = 2001,1,Answer()
exten = 2001,2,Queue(${EXTEN}|r)
exten = 2001,3,Hangup()

the “|r” should cause the caller to hear ringing in place of music on hold, I do not know for sure if you have MOH defined in the queues file if that will override this, however I think this directive “wins”.

I found with a door phone intercom I use that it needs to have the “Answer()” part in order to get taken off hook as it hotline dials to an internal call queue in the Asterisk server to be answered by one of any logged in users.

Colin

Hi

By using the r option means that announcements wont work, the OP wanted the announcements so has to use moh , as fake ringing.

Ian

Ah, sure, makes sense.

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

By using the r option means that announcements wont work, the OP wanted the announcements so has to use moh , as fake ringing.

Ian[/quote]

Hi Ian,

Thank you.

please if you can explain the anouncement settings i tired wiki but it didnt helped.

another question is if i copy the Anouncement code from any other version of Asterisk and paste it to 1.4.22’s queues.conf and agent.conf (sorry im not good at coding) will it work or to get those functions i must upgrade to Asterisk 1.6?

Thank you.

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

Im busy right now so can only give a couple of pointers, announcments are set up in the queues.conf. the wiki has some good examples.
Ian[/quote]

ok if you can help when you have time?

[quote=“ianplain”]
As to ringing instead of music, its a bit tricky if you want announcments, what you have to do is create a raw wav file and then create a music context that has that as its “music” then define the queue to here this “music” Ie they hear a recording of ringback tone as the music.
Ian[/quote]

But how i will define like there are 5 callers in the queue waiting the anouncements to each one of them of their position in the queue etc?

and the other thank for waiting, your call is important etc.

[quote=“cstefani”]I can answer this part at least:
[/quote]

Thank you dear.