Queue: hold w/o next call

Colleagues, please tell me how to solve my problem.
I need that if a member of the queue puts a call on hold, the queue does not give him the next one.

The following situation is constantly happening. An operator, who is a member of the queue, receives another call. From the content of the conversation, it becomes clear that the operator needs to make inquiries on the topic of the conversation.
The operator wants to do this not by a phone call, but simply by voice - the second person sits next to him, at the next table. The operator turns off the microphone, asks a question and waits for an answer. At this time, the originator of the call hears only silence and not everyone likes it - many do not understand what is happening.
Operators started putting the call on hold. On the one hand, everything has become fine - the originator of the call began to hear music interrupted by ritual incantations about how important his call was. On the other hand, everything has become bad - the queue, after that, distribute the next call to the operator.

Is it possible to explain the queues that the fact of sending a call on hold is not yet a reason to distribute the next one?

Thanks in advance,
Ogogon

What do you mean by putting the call on hold? What channel technology are you using?

As far as I know a call that is properly on hold is still a call, so an agent in a queue configured with ringinuse=no will not be offered further calls It will get music on hold, but not periodic announcements.

Thanks! This queue did indeed have ringinuse=yes. After changing the setting, everything worked correctly.
But problems began with the transfer of the call. If an operator transfers a call to another, the queue does not route calls to him until the other operator finishes handling the transferred call.

Which version? I believe there may have been changes in recent versions with regard to tracking the busy agent across transfers, so the workaround for this may no longer be needed.

Asterisk 13.38.3 amd64

That version is fully end of life in just over 5 weeks and hasn’t had general support for almost a year. It m may well predate the relevant changes.

And which version is better to switch to, taking into account that a large number of macros, subroutines are used and I do not want problems with their compatibility?

Asterisk versions are documented on the wiki[1] with their support dates. Each version also includes an UPGRADE.txt document to note things that may impact upgrades.

[1] Asterisk Versions - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.