Question about two Queues

Hi guys,

We have a situation where we want to play different in-queue music to different callers depending on which number they dialed. The only way I can think of to do this (please correct me if I’m wrong?) is to place them in different queues but have the agents members of both queues.

However, when this is the case, the agents don’t seem to pick callers from both queues in a fair way. We don’t have any weighting on the queues or agents, so when an agent becomes free I would have expected them to take the first caller in either queue, depending on whichever had been waiting longer… but this wasn’t the case. They just seemed to alternate between the two queues regardless of wait times.

Is what I want to do possible?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ben

Callers pick agents, not the other way round! There is logic that, in simple cases, will stop one queue stealling a call when there is a higher priority queue with a call for the agent, but there is nothing for same priority cases.

Thanks for your response.

How would you suggest I go about achieving what I want? Same agents handling callers in the correct manner (longest wait first), but with different in-queue music depending on what the caller dialed?

There are a number of sources for the decision on which MOH to play. It is just possible that you can set something in the dialplan that will override the setting from the queue, but it would take me too long to check the detailed rules.

Otherwise you will need to live with it, or modify the source code.