Play different MOH for different callers?

Had the idea that it would be really cool if you could play different music on hold for different callers.

Anybody think of a way to do this?

Thanks,

B.

Sure - have a wide range of mp3 tracks - say 50 or 100, set them to be used in order and instantly different moh for different callers :laughing:

not quite what you had in mind i’m sure.
g

[quote=“Greg”]Sure - have a wide range of mp3 tracks - say 50 or 100, set them to be used in order and instantly different moh for different callers :laughing:

not quite what you had in mind i’m sure.
g[/quote]

Nice, but how does that translate into how you do it? I mean, what type of programming (even just conceptually) would you use to execute the idea?

B.

Just setup musiconhold.conf as standard -e.g.

default => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3

then shove your mp3 into the above directory and asteisk will play thru them all in turn. From the wiki voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ … nhold.conf - under “specifying the music”

enjoy
g

Yes, I understand how to set that up. In fact, that’s what I have now. My original question was, however, how to play different music for different people on hold. So, for example, I want the guy holding on extension 2000 to hear classical music (not the stuff that’s being rotated in the music on hold directory) but only classical. I want to put the next caller on hold to line 2000 to hear only rock music, not classical. See? I want to be able to pick and choose the music that will be put on hold on a call by call basis. Not rotate the music.

Now do you understand? Can this be done?

B.[/quote]