Problem with local conference calls on D50 phones

I’m still trying to narrow it down, but occasionally, we have trouble setting up a 3-way conference call on the D50 phones. I was wondering if there is a known issue with it before I spend too much time trying to replicate a specific case. It seems to happen only sometimes when you have two calls are on hold, and try to conference them together. It just resumes the highlighted call. Pressing the conference button again puts them both on hold, and I can’t seem to figure out a combination of arrow keys between the two calls, and conference button presses that will bridge the calls.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Howdy,

I don’t find that to be the case. 1.4.2 firmware.

Alice calls Bob (D50).
Bob answers the call.
Alice and Bob converse.
Bob presses the Hold button to place Alice on hold.
Alice hears hold music.
Charlie calls Bob.
Bob has a new call handle appear on his screen below the call handle with Alice.
Bob presses the down arrow on the keypad.
Bob presses the Answer soft key to answer the call.
Charlie and Bob converse.
Bob presses the Hold button to place Charlie on hold.
Charlie hears hold music.

Then…

Bob’s phone highlights the call handle with Charlie.
Bob presses the Conference hard key on his phone.
The phone’s status bar now says "Conference to…"
Bob presses the up arrow to highlight Alice’s call handle.
Bob presses the Conference hard key again.
Alice and Charlie are taken off of hold and they’re all involved, with Bob, in a local 3-way conference.

If you’ve got questions about a Digium commercial product, which includes telephones, please contact Digium’s Support department directly using the methods outlined at www.digium.com/support

Cheers

Malcom,

Thanks. I was asking in general if it’s a known issue, before I bother support about it. At this point, I’m going to have to find a way to reproduce the exact circumstances, as the problem doesn’t happen all the time, and it’s hard to explain it to support if I can’t point to a specific case.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Howdy,

Got it. Negative, it’s not a known issue.

Cheers