Problem with installing freepbx

Dear all
I’m new to Asterisk and after installing Asterisk on my Debian 11.3 I’m trying to implemet the Freepbx UI. I’m following the following tutorial: https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-freepbx-on-debian-linux/.

Somehow when trying to install FreePBX with the command ‘sudo ./install -n’ I get the following error: ‘ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ‘|’, expecting ‘;’ or ‘{’ in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php on line 239’ even tough I didn’t do anything on that file.

I’ll put my whole output below in case that helps anybody helping me:). Thank you guys in advance.

Assuming you are Database Root
Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…Done
Checking if Asterisk is running and we can talk to it as the ‘asterisk’ user…Yes. Determined Asterisk version to be: 16.28.0
Checking if NodeJS is installed and we can get a version from it…Yes. Determined NodeJS version to be: 18.18.0
Preliminary checks done. Starting FreePBX Installation
Checking if this is a new install…No (/etc/freepbx.conf file detected)
ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ‘|’, expecting ‘;’ or ‘{’ in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php on line 239
Stack trace:

1. ParseError->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:239
  2. FreePBX->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:144
  3. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:10
  4. include_once() /etc/freepbx/installlib/installcommand.class.php:384
  5. FreePBX\Install\FreePBXInstallCommand->execute() /etc/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php:255
  6. Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() /etc/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:992
  7. Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() /etc/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:255
  8. Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() /etc/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:148
  9. Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() /etc/freepbx/install:22

you should ask in FreePBX forum, by the way you have error in .php file so you should check this file whether it have error, update file and retry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.