PRI switching from Zaptel to DAHDI

Hello all,

I’ve rebuilt my box and installed the latest DAHDI versions. Now I am used to zaptel and have had my te220 card working using zap, but now that i am on Dahdi I’m not sure where I am.

I understand the base differances, /etc/dahdi/module&system.conf and /etc/asterisk/dahdi_chan.conf etc, but I can’t dial out as yet. I’m trying to replicate my old config but it seems to be a bit more spread out now.

Is there anyone using a PRI (E1 in my case) using Dahdi that can show me their config or point me in the right direction.

thanks

Agreed. I’m in the process of converting these channels over as well. And would appreciate some pointers. The card placement in the server seems to be an issue as well…

Will post a followup if I figure this out before the community.

-Erik

The config will pretty much be the same. Just use ‘DAHDI’ instead of ‘ZAP’ in your extensions.

So its important to note that:

dahdi_genconf should only be run once manually. This script will generate your /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf file. From there you can use a #include /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf line in your chan_dahdi.conf file. Or just concatenate the dahdi-channels file into your chan_dahdi.conf file and change things around there manually.

dahdi_cfg regenerates your /etc/dahdi/system.conf file (used to be zaptel.conf?). This is run every time you run the dahdi init script.

-Erik