Port Forwarding Problem

Hello, I recently setup Asterisk on a computer and I have it connecting to a VoIP provider and have several softphones setup for it. But I also want to try and get Fring to work. The problem with Fring is even if your on the local network it goes out to an outside proxy first. So in order for it to work I have to get my port forwarding correct.

I have a D-link DI-624 Router and I have tried several settings but I can’t get it to work correctly. I know there are things that I have to do on the actual asterisk box, but I don’t believe that is my problem yet, because when I try to connect there is no text scrolling across the screen. So this has led me to believe that my port forwarding is incorrect.

This is what I currently have. Under the “Firewall” tab I have forwarded TCP,UDP for 5060 to the asterisk box. As well as 10,000-20,000 UDP. Then since this didn’t work I also added 5060 TCP,UDP under the virtual server tab.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

P.S. This is the router in question.
support.dlink.com/emulators/di62 … izard.html

So I have another quick question. Someone that was trying to help me told me that the ports 10,000-20,000 might also be on on the virtual servers tab. Is this true? Because the Dlink router doesn’t really have a way for doing this unless I change those ports and condense them to be a MUCH small port range. If it is needed, would it be a big deal to make the port range much smaller? Since the Dlink router only allows you to forward 1 port at a time on the virtual server tab.

Also, am I correct is assuming that the router is the problem since there is nothing on the asterisk console about it trying to register?

Thanks,
Daniel