Playback music not working

Hi,

I am tryinyg out basic congifuration of dialplan on asterisk 1.4.1 and zaptel 1.4.1

my extension.config file looks life this

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer( )
exten => s,2,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/souds/hello-world)
exten => s,3,Hangup( )

[internal]

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/Arjun)

my sip.conf file looks has got john registered a user as

[john]
type=friend
secret=welcome
qualify=yes ; Qualify peer is no more than 2000 ms away
nat=yes ; This phone is not natted
host=dynamic ; This device registers with us
canreinvite=no ; Asterisk by default tries to redirect
context=internal ; the internal context controls what we can do

[Arjun]
type=friend
secret=welcome
qualify=yes ; Qualify peer is no more than 2000 ms away
nat=yes ; This phone is not natted
host=dynamic ; This device registers with us
canreinvite=no ; Asterisk by default tries to redirect
context=internal ; the internal context controls what we can do

I am able to call myself internally. But when i am trying to receive a call from john upon receiving the call default Onhold music is coming. I have the file called Hello-world.gsm.

Please help me out
Regards,
Arjun

i don’t think you understand contexts yet.

what has MoH got to do with taking a call from john ? and the hello-world message isn’t accessible as none of the contexts your sip friends/peers have access to has it included.

there’s also no need to put in the full path to sounds unless they are out of the configured directory … Playback(hello-world) would suffice.

Thanks a lot for replying,

what i want is when john calls me i would like to have the hello world message to be accessed by joh when he calls me. How can i do that??
I am just learning context as given in the book Asterisk the future of Internet telephony

According to your sip.conf, you need

[code][internal]

exten => 100,1,Answer( )
exten => 100,2,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/souds/hello-world)
exten => 100,3,Dial(SIP/Arjun)
exten => 100,4,Hangup( )
[/code]

This assumes that you still want to be dialed after hello-world.

Thank you valley for the response

This is working when i call myself i am able to hear hello world. but when john else tries to call me he is not able to hear the file. What do i need to change in the sip.conf and extension.conf to get it working. with the other code.
Please help.

Sorry for the late response. I was trying to find out a solution myself. Cold not find one

Thanks
Arjun

What would be useful is if you could post the debug output of the call. It makes it easier to understand what is happening. Go to the command prompt on the * server and type asterisk -rvvvvv. Then from Johns phone call yourself, and post up here what get displayed on the console.