Perform action after SIP Register

Hi,

I’m trying to perform an action on a successful register of a SIP device. Specifically, when a user registers to the Asterisk server (e.g. extension 4001) I want his SIP device to automatically dial him into a conference (e.g. 7774000).

I’m unsure how to manage this as I can’t find anything to put in the Dialplan which will know when a user has registered to the server on a specific number.

This was previously posted on the wrong forum page, and I was asked to post here instead. The user also replied saying:

“You will need to use AMI for that.”

I’m unsure what he means by this.

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Gary Shergill

Hi,

Sorry, to be more specific, I don’t know where I put the AMI commands. Do I put it in the Dialplan somewhere (the Originate)? How do I know in the Dialplan which extension to perform this Originate on?

Thank you.

Gary Shergill

If you need to ask that question, you need to employ a programmer to do the work.

Our Asterisk expert is out for a few weeks and we need a number configured to auto-dial into a conference so I thought I’d be able to give it a go, but wasn’t aware of the difficulty (I’ve done a lot of Dialplan work in the past but never touched the AMI).

It seems it’s not as simple as I thought so I guess I’ll have to wait for him.

Thank you.