Paging Grandstreams RESOLVED

The code at the botton of this post will allow one way paging to grandstream phones In Asterisk now 1.4. I put this in the default contex

I googled this for days an no examples would work. the reason it would not work was in everybody’s example the put > after = The code below I found on Google, Grandstream ETC was
THIS CODE DOES NOT WORK
exten=>**1,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)
exten=>**1,2,Page(${One_Way_Paging_List}|)
exten=>**1,3, Hangup
One_Way_Paging_List=>SIP/2112&SIP/2111

DO THESE TWO SETTINGS TO THE PHONE
Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info: Yes

Turn off speaker on
remote disconnect: Yes

THIS CODE WORKS GREAT
exten=**1,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)
exten=**1,2,Page(${One_Way_Paging_List}|)
exten=**1,3, Hangup
One_Way_Paging_List=SIP/2112&SIP/2111

I will try this on my setup as well, awhile back I couldnt use the One_Way_Paging_List, I had to actually do it this way,

exten=**1,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0)
exten=**1,2,Page(SIP/2112&SIP/2111)
exten=**1,3, Hangup

and I am going to check this tonight but I think I was able to use exten =>
also next time you resolv your issue, please edit your original post and put it in there, we dont need two posts for everything :smile:

Really old thread but I thought I’d share the answer I found to paging on Grandstream phones. I tried to get the built-in Grandstream multicasting working but couldn’t. Then I stumbled on this old post:

GXP2130 And Intercom Mode

Worked right away and really easy to setup. Of course the two phone settings would have driven me insane trying to figure out. So many thanks anomaly0617.

Duplicating instructions in case that link goes away. This is Grandstream specific but might help others:

Install the Paging and Intercom module in Asterisk and configure a paging extension.
    In your Grandstream phone:
    Under Accounts - Account X - Call Settings
         Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info to Yes
         Custom Call-Info for Auto Answer to answer-after=0 (no quotes).
    Under Settings - Programmable Keys
         Set one of your MPKs like this:
               Mode = Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
               Account = Account X
               Description = All Page
               Value = [Defined Paging Extension]

BTW regarding Grandstream bugs, I’ve had to update the firmware to the latest beta 1.0.7.13 firmware to fix some issues.

1 Like