Outgoing DAHDI call delay

Hi!

I’m having some trouble trying to place an outgoing call through DAHDI.

The call works fine but it starts ringing after 10 seconds. My telco told me I must send them a Sending complete message to inmediatelly start the call, otherwise they will wait for 10 seconds in case more digits are going to be sent through the PRI ISDN.

How can I tell asterisk to include this information when dialing the Dahdi Channel?. I attach you a picture of the Q931 standard addresssing this information element (IE).

I’m using a Digium single span digital card (TE133 model) by the way.

Thanks in advance for your help! :).

The general policy on the forum is that help in using hardware cards should be obtained from the hardware vendor, through their commercial support channels.

However, I would note that I would expect this only to be a problem when numbers where of variable length, as, I would expect the network to infer end of number when it saw the maximum number of digits for a particular prefix. One trick that used to work for smaller numbers, is to pad them out to the maximum length, but that might only work over analogue lines.

Also, traditionally end of number timeouts were more like 4 seconds.

Hi David!

Thank you for your fast reply :).

I was thinking about contacting the hardware vendor (Digium) but I find this issue to be more related to the libpri library.

Very interesting point! I’ll look look into it. :muscle:

Hi all!

I was able to resolve the issue by using this configuration:

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=Test
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
inbanddisconnect=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
channel => 1-15,17-31

I’m still figuring out which of these settings “do the magic”, but anyway right know everything is working properly :slight_smile: Call is now started with no delay!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.