One phone to call from multiple phone numbers

Hello everyone,

Currently I’m setting up an Asterisk server, but I can’t find a solution to this.

We have a company with currently 1 phone number, but we are going to start 4 new companies this year. We only have 2 employees and we don’t want multiple phones per desk.

I thought it would be possible to use 1 phone to call from multiple phone numbers. Can I set this up and how?

So for example, I want to

Use phone #1 and call from phone number 1234567891 to customer A
Use phone #1 and call from phone number 1234567892 to customer B
use phone #1 and call from phone number 1234567893 to customer A

Assuming your service provider will accept the caller ID, it can be done. You can get the agent to dial prefix code, or you can do you can do some sort of database lookup from the dialplan, to peek into the information held by the CRM system.

Please note support requests should not be on discussion forums.

My bad, I thought I placed it in Asterisk Support. Can somebody move this topic?

The idea is that one of the employees can select the phone number to call from. Is this possible?

They can key a prefix. The dialplan can detect that and set the caller ID before dialing the balance of the number.

From what I understand you are looking for a way to have different numbers in place on one phone. I’'m not sure this is what you are looking for. I wrote it years ago as an OpenBTS hotdesking dial plan with the possibility to receive calls of different numbers on the same phone after logging in to that number.

It is perhaps a bit quick and dirty but when I had my OpenBTS private GSM network up and running it worked like a charm.

gnuradio.microembedded.com/openbtsasteriskscript

See gnuradio.microembedded.com/openb … tepeer-yes for an addition to the OpenBTS hotdesking solution.

See gnuradio.microembedded.com/openb … tepeer-yes for an addition to the OpenBTS hotdesking solution.

I hope it is of any help
EdW/