OK, another "newbie" question but very important t

Hi to Anyone!

I have 2 offices, one of them has 13 extensions and the on the reception so you can tell they are really 14, with 8 phone lines in Texas, and the other office has 20 extensions and also 8 phone lines, so my doubts are (yeah, maybe those are very basic questions about VoIP/Asterisk):

We have a Nitsuko phone system, one of those that you can see flashing leds on the phone if an extension is busy, also with this basic system, if an extension is ringing you can take the call from another extension no matter if it is from the outside or the same building, also by putting on hold the calling you can transfer it to another phone or even route the calling to a cell phone, this is the basic funcionality that I need, so …

• Which IP phones works like those I said before, I want to know if there a good solution for replacing this kind of phones in a transparent way, of course I’ll like to have voice mail and that stuff, but that is my main concern about the VoIP/Asterisk system.

If I can emulate that funcionality I’ll immediatly buy the phones that you could suggest me.

Thanks for your time.

I do not know of any way to do this with Asterisk aside from everybody having the flash operator panel in front of them.

With Asterisk you can ring multiple phones at once.

Asterisk has a call park feature

Hi there.

I have just set up a system using a Polycom IP601 Attendant Console solution (basically an IP601 with an extension module) and SwissVoice IP10S phones on the desks.

Using the “buddy watch” feature of the Polycom contact directory, plus the “hint” feature in the dialplan (for more information, check out lists.digium.com/pipermail/aster … 15285.html), I have the lamps lighting up nicely on the Polycom whenever extensions are in use.

Asterisk provides a default call pickup feature which you activate by dialling *8 (you can store this on a speed dial). Then if any phone in your callgroup is ringing (and you have pickupgroup defined) you can pick up that call. For more information on this feature, see voip-info.org/wiki-Channels+and+Groups.

In terms of call transfer, I have set up my Swissvoices with the SIP features “ENQUIRY CALL” and “TRANSFER” on function keys 1 and 2. This means the standard way of transferring a call to another user is to hit F1, get a new dial tone, call the extension, announce the call and then hit F2 to transfer it. This works really well and users are happy with it.

In terms of call diversion, all IP phones I’ve seen support various SIP call diversion messages (permanent, temporary, on busy, on no-answer, etc). Certainly I haven’t had to do anything special to make this work on our handsets.

Good luck!
Mike.