Not getting DTMF digits during call

I am writing a simple asterisk extension plan, In which when user calls, User press key and that key store to a text file.

For this i write this extension:-

exten => 203,1,Answer()
exten => 203,2,Read(NUMBER1||1)
exten => 203,3,System(echo ‘User entered ${NUMBER1}’ >> /tmp/key.txt)
exten => 203,4,Hangup()

But whenever i call and press any key, file only have ‘User entered’, Means i am not getting key.
What i am doing wrong here?

Here is my sip.conf for extension:-

[mysjphone]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=mysjphone
secret=blablabla
allow=gsm
dtmfmode = rfc2833
host = dynamic

Asterisk 1.4 is way past end of life. If you are using a more recent version of Asterisk, the parameter separator is comma, not vertical bar.

I am using asterisk on windows so I am using asteriskWin32, And i tried with ‘,’ and ‘|’, But every thing fails.

I doubt anyone can support that version.

If that version supports it, I would enable the DTMF debugging log channel and see whether the DTMF is being detected.

I am new to asterisk, So i don’t know how to debug it.
I made a new setup. Installed asterisk 1.6 on ubuntu, And sjphone on windows machine, Connected SJphone via linux ip address. Now i am writing this code in my linux extension file:-

exten => 203,1,Answer()
exten => 203,2,Read(digito,1)
exten => 203,3,System(echo ‘User entered ${digito}’ >> /tmp/key.txt)
exten => 203,4,Hangup()

sip.conf:-

[mysjphone]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=mysjphone
secret=blablabla
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=demo
allow=all

Now again i am not able to get user key.
I searched on google and found that, We need to change something in feature.conf, But i don’t know which type of change for DTMF.

May be because of this change i am not able to get users key.

features.conf isnt used until the call is bridged.

I am able to call from SJPhone to asterisk server, But not able to capture DTMF.

I found the problem, But still i am not able to capture DTMF on windows, But i got success in Ubuntu. I installed Asterisk 11 and ekiga softphone on my ubuntu 14.04 , And connect them, And now all things working correctly.

Thanks guys who try to help me.