Nobody Picked Up Error in Voicemail

I have the following lines in the dialplan:
exten => *777,1,Wait(1)
exten => *777,n,Dial(Local/vnm@features,1)
exten => vnm,1,Wait(1)
exten => vnm,n,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@default)

I have Bria3 softphone running on my MacBook Pro in Colorado connecting to the Asterisk server in Nevada. When I use the above configuration to check voicemail, I get the Nobody picked up in 1000 ms error. If I eliminate one of the Wait statements and change the other to anything less than 1, it seems to work with no issue. Is there some type of configurable timeout within voicemail.conf or within Asterisk itself that will prevent this timeout. I use the vnm because of quality issues over the WAN and in researching it on the web, I found a post regarding the use of vnm to counteract this. Just seems that the 1000 ms timeout is a little hasty. Thank You.

You have specified a 1 second timeout on the Dial and you have introduced a delay of 1 second before the local channel can get answered. Why are you surprised that it is timing out after 1 second?

Asterisk Support is the forum for support questions.

Thanks, david55. Sometimes one can’t see the forest for the trees. Admittedly I am a novice but should have caught that one. Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.