No registrations. Not even trying. GUI error?

TL;DR: why does register= not give an entry in sip show registry

I’m trying (struggling against GUI) to get Qube (QuestBlue) GUI to register to my provider.
Another asterisk implementation could easily register, the implementation generates a register=username:password@sip.provider.dom/exten and a record shown by ‘sip show registry’ but this implementation was lacking in other aspects, so I changed to QuestBlue.

Questblue is also a gui on top of Asterisk 13.14.0 on Centos.

However I fiddle, I can not get sip show registry to show a registration, not even an attempt.
Shouldn’t there be a line there, at least showing failed or something?

I have tried adding a register= line to sip.conf, but i get the message ‘No category context for line 3 of /etc/asterisk/sip.conf’

Is it possible to initiate a register from CLI to at least see if I can register?

Could there be a config option I don’t see which disables registration attempts as QuestBlue seems not to use registrations? When getting a trunk from them, they require the ip of the server the trunk should terminate at? I.e. “don’t call us, we’ll call you”, they say.

A reload only shows this

[Oct 13 13:52:55] NOTICE[20844]: res_odbc.c:617 load_odbc_config: Registered ODBC class 'pbxsql2' dsn->[asterisk-connector]
[Oct 13 13:52:55] NOTICE[20844]: res_parking.c:1090 verify_default_parking_lot: Adding default profile to res_parking
[Oct 13 13:52:55] NOTICE[20844]: confbridge/conf_config_parser.c:2094 verify_default_profiles: Adding default_menu menu to app_confbridge
[Oct 13 13:52:55] NOTICE[20844]: cel_custom.c:97 load_config: No mappings found in cel_custom.conf. Not logging CEL to custom CSVs.
[Oct 13 13:52:56] WARNING[20844]: pbx.c:8521 ast_context_verify_includes: Context 'from-disa' tries to include nonexistent context 'exten-custom-features'
[Oct 13 13:52:56] WARNING[20844]: pbx.c:8521 ast_context_verify_includes: Context 'from-users-test' tries to include nonexistent context 'exten-test'
[Oct 13 13:52:56] WARNING[20844]: pbx.c:8521 ast_context_verify_includes: Context 'from-users' tries to include nonexistent context 'hints-call-flow'
[Oct 13 13:52:56] NOTICE[20844]: app_queue.c:8718 reload_queue_rules: queuerules.conf has not changed since it was last loaded. Not taking any action.

If properly configured it will show up in “sip show registry”. You haven’t specified where exactly in sip.conf you placed it or what else was around, that can matter as it has to go into the general section.

1 Like