Need the steps to install Asterisk 14 please (CentOS 6.8)

Hi.

I’m running CentOS 6.8 in a virtual machine in the latest version of VirtualBox but I have followed the steps here https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4817506 but it failed. This documentation is not up-to-date.

I will appreciate if someone can post me the steps to install Asterisk, Dahdi, Pjproject, Libpri.

I have installed older version of Asterisk without any problems but with Asterisk 14 it didn’t install Dahdi and I’m want to have a clean installation without installation issues like this, for production.

I’m thinking to go back to Asterisk 12 or 13 because the version 14 is not working very well but I’m going to try one more time, I will appreciate if you write me the steps you followed to install Asterisk 14. I’m using CentOS 6 updated to 6.8.

Thank you. I will appreciate your help.

Why would you be installing DAHDi in a virtual machine? As well - how exactly did it fail? The build/install process for everything hasn’t changed between 13 and 14.

@jcolp - I still install DAHDi because I have too much integrated with MeetMe and it needs dahdi for timing. Some day I’ll make the change.

@gnu - I run MySQL, sendmail, php, etc. on ubuntu, so I install these packages before installing asterisk. Some may not be necessary for you.

#Install packages
$ apt-get install keepalived ntp mysql-server mysql-client unixODBC unixODBC-dev libmyodbc php5 php5-cli php5-mysql build-essential subversion libncurses5-dev libssl-dev libxml2-dev libsqlite3-dev uuid-dev vim-nox linux-headers-`uname -r` libjansson-dev libiksemel-dev libssl-dev wget libxml2-dev sox libsox-fmt-all libcurl4-openssl-dev libneon27-dev libical-dev libasound2-dev sendmail sendmail-cf

This should be all you need to get an install running.

$ cd /usr/src
$ tar zxvf dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf libpri-1.4-current.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf asterisk-13-current.tar.gz

#Install dahdi
	$ cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.10.2+2.10.2
	$ make
	$ make install
	$ make config

#Install libpri
	$ cd /usr/src/libpri-1.4.15
	$ make