Hello, I’m new to asterisk but here’s what I’m looking to do:
- 4 POTS lines coming into a Digium TDM400P/TDM04B 4-FXO card
- Small office with 7-8 phones, 4 lines, overhead paging
- Would like something that has the ability of Power over Ethernet (PoE) but not required
- Would like something that doesn’t look/feel/sound cheap… I want something that’s affordable, but won’t sacrafice quality
- Must be able to use all four lines from phones, I’m slightly confused about this because I see some phones you have to pay more to get access to multiple lines?
So, I’ve done a little research… I sort of like the Grandstream GXP-2000 because it comes with 11 lines out of the box, but I’ve read some really bad things around it regarding sound quality, echo, etc. It sounds like it could be a winner if they were to fix those issues. I also sort of like what I see in the linksys/sipura SPA-941, but I don’t like how it’s only got one ethernet port instead of two. Some of the Cisco phones look nice, but I’d prefer to spend around or less than $200/phone. Also, it appears that theres some headaches in dealing with Cisco in order to get updated firmware, support, etc. The Polycom phones look like they only support 3 lines for the 501. I think I’d like the Polycom ones if I could get all four lines, however… 3 might work.
So… after searching the forums, and reading around, I’m not sure exactly what to get. What do you think?