NASA Mission Control Voice Loop system w/ Asterisk?

Hello All,

I have a slightly unusual, but I think cool application that I’d like to see if Asterisk is up to.

I’m trying to create a NASA Mission Control style voice loop system.

The idea is to rapidly manage the dissemination of information / command and control during a critical incident situation.

The system would be used by people doing the following roles:

1 Incident Controller
1 External Communication Officer (Kinda like NASA’s CAPCOM role)
5 to 7 Lead Engineers
3 to 4 Jr Engineers for each Lead Engineer
10 or more external interested parties

The IC and the LEs would communicate on the Controller Bridge
The ECO would listen to the Controller Bridge, have the ability PTT in, but would primarily be on the External Bridge
Each LE would have their own Engineering Bridge with their respective JEs
The LE’s would primarily be on their Engineering Bridges but would PTT into the Controller Bridge.

Is this something that is possible with Asterisk?

Thanks,

Tokyojb

[quote=“tokyojb”]The IC and the LEs would communicate on the Controller Bridge
The ECO would listen to the Controller Bridge, have the ability PTT in, but would primarily be on the External Bridge
Each LE would have their own Engineering Bridge with their respective JEs
The LE’s would primarily be on their Engineering Bridges but would PTT into the Controller Bridge.[/quote]
Mind you, what are these acronyms, i.e. IC, LEs, ECO, PTT, JEs, you keep referring to as shown above?

Sorry…

IC = Incident Controller (The guy/gal running the technical response to the incident)
LE = Lead Engineer (The primary Subject Matter Expert for a particular technology area. They recommend actions, execute changes and provide information to the Incident Controller)
ECO = External Communication Officer (The poor SOB responsible for communicating the technical situation to non-technical people :smile: Works for the IC, but brings the perspective of the primary stakeholders to the Incident Management process.)
PTT = Push To Talk ( Ancient form of half duplex communication popular shortly after the demise of whale oil lamps and spinning wheels)
JE = Junior Engineer (The guys actually pulling the levers to resolve the problems. They take direction from the LE)

Here is a good paper on the NASA Mission Operations voice loop system.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.77.5363&rep=rep1&type=pdf

This is a very quick and dirty diagram I whipped up to to help explain: