Music on Hold during Meetme Conference

I want to play music on hold during a meetme conference until a moderator/administrator enters that call. Basically, I don’t want the participants to communicate with each other until the moderator/administrator shows up. Is there a way to do that?

If so, point me in the general direction and I’ll do some experimentation.

Thanks.

I think you want the ‘w’ option

That sounds exactly like what I need. I must have been looking at some old documentation because that wasn’t there. I found this documented on the voip site.

‘w’ — wait until the marked user enters the conference

What is the definition of a “marked user” and where do I define that?

setup a sperate extension that drops the user in the same conference. The marked user connects the conference.

exten => _682,1,Answer
exten => _682,2,Wait(1)
exten => _682,3,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|Msw)

exten => _682*,1,Answer
exten => _682*,2,Wait(1)
exten => _682*,3,Authenticate(1234)
exten => _682*,4,MeetMe(682|asMA)

Great example. It works like a champ.

When you get into the conference and there is no admin, you hear a “The conference will begin when the leader arrives” greeting, but I can’t seem to get music on hold to play. I’m running 1.2.3 and the syntax of the musiconhold.conf file does not seem to jive with the documentation I’m seeing. Is there a simple config to use the sample files in /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 directory?

I added the “musiconhold=default” to my zapata.conf file.

Here’s the latest error I’m getting after re-downloading and installing the mpg123 player…

“Music class default requested but no musiconhold loaded.”

Just dead error. All I want to do is play the default mp3 files for music on hold. Nothing fancy.

I’m an idiot. I had a comment “;” in front of the [default] class definition in my musiconhold.conf file.

In order to help those who come to this thread after me, here is the dirt on getting MOH to work with the native files. I did not find this properly documented anywhere, so here it is. Just FYI, I am using redhat and version 1.2.3 of asterisk.

1. Get the 0.59 version of mpg123 installed. (cd to your asterisk source directory, make mpg123, install mpg123). This will retreive the latest version, compile, and install it.
  2. Check your musiconhold.conf file and make sure it looks like below. (For a softer volume use mode=quietmp3).

[default]
mode=mp3
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3

1. Add an entry to your zapata.conf file as follows:

musiconhold=default

Done. Good Luck.