Multiple issues with Asterisk GUI

I recently installed Asterisk 1.4.2 + asterisk-gui on a server in a colo. A couple of hiccups on the install but resolved them quickly. I am currently SSH’ing into the system and port forwarding via an SSH tunnel to manage via localhost. Currently I am having two issues…well one issue and one concern. The issue is that after kicking off the Asterisk GUI Setup Wizard via localhost:8088/asterisk/static/c … stall.html, I can get past the first screen, however, after “verifying analog ports” the next screen “Local Extension Settings”, neither button (back or next) is available. They remain greyed out.

One concern I have is with security. I had modified the manger.conf file to allow a dummy user while testing. After deleting that user, I have found that I can still login with those credentials. I have reloaded asterisk and rebooted the server twice in an attempt to clear any caching which may be taking place with no luck.

The GUI works best with Firefox so make sure you are using it. If it still happens with it, check bugs.digium.com to see if the issue has already been reported. If not post the bug under the GUI section.