I’m looking through the internet for monitoring solutions tailored to (or having plugins for) monitoring Asterisk servers. I have 15 or so servers all on the same network at different locations around my town.
I’d like to do the following for sure.
- Monitor physical box to make sure it’s powered up and talking with the net.
- Monitor PRI circuits
- Monitor Asterisk and dahdi services to make sure they are up
- Monitor IAX trunks between these boxes
- optional - Monitor queues based on time-of-day and alert if no members during business hours
- optional - query astdb for certain keys to make sure they are set. I’ve had important things be wiped out with a reboot!
Anyone have any ideas where to start? Nagios seems to have some plugins but most say they are for older versions of Asterisk (maybe this doesn’t matter). I just don’t want to chose one and realize there’s huge community support and ongoing dev for another.