Motherboard

what’s a good motherboard (for intel cpu) that will handle two digium tdm400 cards and not have irq polling issues?

Any motherboard with PCI 2.2 compliant slots will do. Nowadays all motherboards have PCI 2.2 compliant slots.

Hi,

My motherboard (MSI 865PE) never let me my X100P to have its own irq :

# cat /proc/interrupts CPU0 0: 4289675 IO-APIC-edge timer 1: 4223 IO-APIC-edge i8042 4: 139199 IO-APIC-edge serial 8: 2 IO-APIC-edge rtc 14: 37 IO-APIC-edge ide0 15: 9418 IO-APIC-edge ide1 169: 226255 IO-APIC-level acpi, eth2 177: 580327 IO-APIC-level libata, uhci_hcd:usb3, eth0 185: 424346 IO-APIC-level Intel ICH5, eth1 193: 259 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb4 201: 4606994 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd:usb2, wcfxo NMI: 0 LOC: 4289813 ERR: 0 MIS: 0

I’ve tested on the 5 differents slots, and I can’t (dont want) disable USB on it.

Do you think there is a solution ?
I spent a lot of time on this, rebuild kernel, tried a lot of boot options, and never got it.

I use gentoo.

Is it a clone card? and is it working with the zaptel drivers?

I bought a tdm400 card my time is not worth wasting on a $14 modem.

dpmihai: Thanks, I figured that, but since I’m still having some issues with irq polling in new computers it may not be a pci 2.2/motherboard issue as it seems to be a kernel issue. Maybe I’ll try it and see how things work when I get my next card in a few weeks.

Yes & yes.

I already ordered a tmd11b, and I wait to receive it. But I am afraid of having the same problem with it.

Well , do you have a lot of PCI card in your computer, or do you have video, sound, network, integrated on the motherboard? I think it is better not to have many things integrated on the motherboard. Mine has network and sound, no video.
I used CentOS.

I have the opposite opinion. If you want a server like this, you’re better off having as much as possible integrated on the MB. Fewer slots and such. Granted, the video and sound generally suck, but for a headless server, who cares?

[quote=“dpmihai”]Well , do you have a lot of PCI card in your computer, or do you have video, sound, network, integrated on the motherboard? I think it is better not to have many things integrated on the motherboard. Mine has network and sound, no video.
I used CentOS.[/quote]

I can’t have a dedicated server only for asterisk.
Of course I have video, sound…
Sound integrated (you can see it in interrupts : Intel ICH5)
Usb : for scanner and printer
network : one integrated, 2 on pci slots

Can you try to plug off the network cards and install your X100P? (Ofcourse if you did not try this yet.)
I cannot think to something else.
I have a Digium TDM22B card. Everything was smooth regarding its installation.

I think you’re going to WANT to have a dedicated server. Remember you’re carrying real time phone calls with this system. Do you want to risk some other application taking down your phone system? Maybe you’re not using this system in a business environment but still.

[quote=“novazur”][quote=“dpmihai”]Well , do you have a lot of PCI card in your computer, or do you have video, sound, network, integrated on the motherboard? I think it is better not to have many things integrated on the motherboard. Mine has network and sound, no video.
I used CentOS.[/quote]

I can’t have a dedicated server only for asterisk.
Of course I have video, sound…
Sound integrated (you can see it in interrupts : Intel ICH5)
Usb : for scanner and printer
network : one integrated, 2 on pci slots[/quote]

Yes & yes ! :smile:

Even if it works, that’s not possible to use my system without the network cards.

I’ll just wait to receive my TDM11B, and pray :wink:

Thanks.

A cheap ASRock P4V88 with a Celeron 2.8 working without troubles for 6 months and 2 TDM’s (I have USBs and Soundcard disabled, as this is a dedicated machine), and each TDM has it’s own IRQ :smile: