MOH not running

I have Asterisk Business Edition B.2.3.1ess running on RHEL 4. The Music On Hold feature is not working. The following is the message I’ve captured:

– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on SIP/5321-b6f0e670
May 27 15:08:43 WARNING[29977]: file.c:518 ast_openstream_full: File /var/lib/asterisk/mohcus/Fulcrum_On-Hold-pcm.wav does not exist in any format
May 27 15:08:43 WARNING[29977]: res_musiconhold.c:232 ast_moh_files_next: Unable to open file ‘/var/lib/asterisk/mohcus/Fulcrum_On-Hold-pcm.wav’: No such file or directory
– Stopped music on hold on SIP/5321-b6f0e670

There is the specified wav file in /var/lib/asterisk/mohcus. It used to work but not sure when or why it stopped. I took this wav file from our other asterisk server in another office and placed it in the same directory thinking the file is corrupt. Compared all relevent (that I know of) files with the working asterisk server and they seem fine.
musiconhold.conf file:
[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohcus

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, ‘does not exist in any format’ means the correct codec is not installed. I had the same problem when using MP3-files for MOH and not having installed format_mp3. You can try to convert the files into some other format (actually, I think plain WAVE should do the trick but you can also use MP3, just remember to install format_mp3). That’s how I got it working :wink:.