[HELP] Music On Hold Problems

Hi folks,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I’m new to the world of * and still fumbling my way along. I’ve been trying to get music on hold working and I’ve reached an im-pass with the following error:

[Apr 16 20:49:40] WARNING[7993]: file.c:650 ast_openstream_full: File /opt/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native/SampleAudioSource does not exist in any format
[Apr 16 20:49:40] WARNING[7993]: res_musiconhold.c:294 ast_moh_files_next: Unable to open file ‘/opt/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native/SampleAudioSource’: Resource temporarily unavailable

I’m running Asterisk 1.6.2.6 and I’m using G711 alaw codec for my calls. I’ve loaded both codec_alaw.so and format_pcm_alaw.so prior to res_musiconhold.so in my modules.conf. The file name is SampleAudioSource.alaw and is a PCM alaw file.

moh show classes:
Class: default
Mode: files
Monkey*Directory: /opt/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native

moh show files:
Class: default
File: /opt/var/lib/asterisk/moh-native/SampleAudioSource

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why this won’t work and haven’t got a clue what the Resource temporarily unavailable means so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bump,

Anyone got any thoughts or help to offer?

Cheers,

have you tried the rights of the moh file? maybe the user which run asterisk do not have the rights to read the moh file.

HTH,
Ioan

Hi Loan,

I did a chmod 755 SampleAudioSource.alaw and it’s made no difference, still the same error appears