Meetme for passing DTMF?

I am looking for a solution/workaround to be able to send DTMF long distance codes before an outgoing call is answered.

I have some users who will be dialing out of a CRM application and we use telco long distance PINs. My goal is to have the long distance code entered for them. I was considering a custom context that would dynamically create a meetme, dial the outgoing number and place that call in the meetme, then play the DTMF tones… but this seems pretty sloppy. I came across the idea from an outdated post.

We are running Asterisk 1.6.2.20

The D() option in the Dial command doesn’t play the tones until the other end is answered, but the telco isn’t “answering”, it is playing a tone and waiting for input – which is why I thought that meetme might be an option.

Can anyone offer suggestions? At this point, would a meetme be the easiest solution? I haven’t found an example of dynamically creating meetme conferences and bridging with an extension and outbound call, so I don’t even know how to do that yet.

I’d appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.

What technology is used for the outgoing side. If it is analogue, or channel associated signalling, you may be able to use W in the dialstring. Otherwise, I don’t believe Asterisk has support for sending DTMF in early media.

Outgoing is PRI.

Channel associated or common channel signalling?

I’m going to go with common channel based off that fact that I am using 23 B channels and a D channel.

This is why I was hoping I could throw the outgoing call into a meetme and then have a psudo call pop in, play some digits, and then be done.

Maybe that’s not feasible either?

That does sound like T1 with common channel signalling.

If you have common channel signalling, I think it very unlikely that you will be able to send DTMF as early media. It won’t harm to try adding W to the dial string, though.

[quote=“david55”]That does sound like T1 with common channel signalling.

If you have common channel signalling, I think it very unlikely that you will be able to send DTMF as early media. It won’t harm to try adding W to the dial string, though.[/quote]

Right, that is why I came up with the sloppy meetme theory. If I could join the outgoing call to a meetme using the “F” option, join a fake call to the same meetme and have the fake call play DTMF while the outgoing call is still waiting to hear DTMF, then the meetme “F” option should allow for the DTMF tones to be picked up (passed) if this all works the way it reads.

I know this isn’t a graceful method, but it would be nice if it worked.

Your problem is that you need to send the DTMF as early media (before the Answer).

Exactly.