Is this project possible?

I want to do one of these projects:

1. PSTN – Gateway FXO – Ethernet A – Asterisk – Ethernet A – Router – Internet – Router – Ethernet B – SIP Phone
    or
  2. PSTN – Gateway FXO – Ethernet A – Asterisk – Internet – Router – Ethernet B – SIP Phone

I want to know, if is possible to do these projetcs or a point-to-point conection like:

1. PSTN – Gateway FXO – Ethernet A – Router – Internet – Router – Ethernet B – SIP Phone

If is possible, how I do?
If more than one option is possible I prefer the number 3, in second place the number 1.

I’m new on VOIP, thank’s for the help.

You can connect to the PSTN by

• install fxo pci cards in your Asterisk server or
  • USB connected fxo cards to your server
  • or use an ATA device with a FXO port such as the Iaxy, or Sipura 3000 or the countless others, then connect to your Asterisk box using ethernet.
  • or you can connect a channel bank of fxo ports and connect to your Asterisk server using a T1 line.

There are countless ways to do all of what you suggest.

Once you have an Asterisk server up and running the SIP phone is pretty straight forward. I lean towards the PBX in a Flash distribution but there are many other prebuilt ISOs that you can download that will do the same thing, You don’t have to compile the system yourself - others have done the work and troubleshooting for you.