Internal / External Ringtones on Soundpoint IP335

My first post and I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction

I have been asked to provide different ringtones for Internal and External calls on our Asterisk 1.6 system. We are using Polycom Soundpoint IP335 VoIP phones, which all work correctly.

I have looked through several websites/forums and, though for different phones, have tried many various options. I believe I need to set the ALERT_INFO in the dialplan but have so far been unsuccessful. (exten => xxx,x,SET(_ALERT_INFO,???)

Please, if possible, could someone adivse if this is even possible with these phones, and if so either point me in the right direction or a quick note on how this can be accomplished.

If you require any further information, then please let me know. Many thanks

It can be configured through web-interface. You need to add your internal numbers to associate different ringtone. I can say more tomorrow, when I get to office.

For SIP phones, you will normally have to use SIPAddHeader to add a phone specific header. You will need to read the documentation for the phone to discover if that exists, and what it is.

Take a look at these links

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Poly … wer+config

Here is what I changed in my sip.cfg

<!--- 2009-12-10 AEH
  <alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="" />
  -->

<alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Intercom" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="1"/>
  <INTERCOM
   se.rt.1.name="Intercom"
   se.rt.1.type="ring-answer"
   se.rt.1.timeout="2000"
   se.rt.1.ringer="1"
   se.rt.1.callWait="6"
   se.rt.1.mod="1"/>

<alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="Internal" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="2"/>
  <INTERNAL
   se.rt.2.name="Internal"
   se.rt.2.type="ring"
   se.rt.2.ringer="7"
   se.rt.2.callWait="6"
   se.rt.2.mod="1"/>

<alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="External" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="3"/>
  <EXTERNAL
    se.rt.3.name="External"
    se.rt.3.type="ring"
    se.rt.3.ringer="2"
    se.rt.3.callWait="6"
    se.rt.3.mod="1"/>

And this is in my extensions.conf

exten = 5551212,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: External)