Installation issue on Mandrva 2006

Hi, I am trying to install Asterisk on Mamdriva 2006, but getting the following error message:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [asterisk] Error 1

Any idea which package is missing?

I installed openssl, but this didn’t help. I searched for openssl-devel for Mandriva 2006 but couldn’t get any. Do you know if it can be used other distro’s package?

Regards

Hi,
It just so happens that I am currently running Mandriva 2006 ( I just installed it over my old Mandrake 10.0 this past week) and I downloaded and installed Asterisk with no problems tonight. Then I saw your message, and thought I’d let you know the rpms I have installed on my pc.

I opened my drakrpm removal tool to see what I could find that is installed on my system that is referencing “ld” or "ssl"
I came up with the follwoing rpms.

ldetect-0.6.3-1mdk
libldap2.3_0-2.3.6-4mdk
openldap-2.3.6-4mdk
perl-Module-Build-0.2611-2mdk
rpm-build-4.4.2-4mdk
rpm-mandriva-setup-build-1.5-1mdk

and

apache-mod_ssl-2.0.54-6.1.20060mdk
docbook-style-dssl-1.79-2mdk
libopenssl0.9.7-devel-0.9.7g-2.1.20060mdk
perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5mdk
python-OpenSSL-0.6-2mdk

I don’t know if this helps or not but if you want me to check my system for anything else, let me know.
I hope this helps.

Charles Smalley

you want to install openssl-devel

[quote=“Charles Smalley”]Hi,
It just so happens that I am currently running Mandriva 2006 ( I just installed it over my old Mandrake 10.0 this past week) and I downloaded and installed Asterisk with no problems tonight. Then I saw your message, and thought I’d let you know the rpms I have installed on my pc.

I opened my drakrpm removal tool to see what I could find that is installed on my system that is referencing “ld” or "ssl"
I came up with the follwoing rpms.

Charles Smalley[/quote]

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the reply. No, I do not have all these packages, and I am not sure if these are used by Asterisk. Do you mind checking for me if you have insalled the folowing packages:
openssl-devel
e2fsprogs-devel
zlip-devel
krb5-devel
krb5-libs.

I believe these are necessary packages for Asterisk.

Regards

Hi again,

Now the installation of Asterisk is OK. I installed the package “libopenssl0.9.7-devel-0.9.7g-2.1.20060mdk” and it’s dependies, and then the installation completed successfully. Now it remains to configure the system :- :smile: Thanks for your replies.