How to stop FollowMe from transmitting DTMF tone to caller

I am trying to use Asterisk as a replacement for Google Voice, and I would like my DID to ring my cellular, home, and work phones. At first I was just using the “Dial()” function, but the problem is that my cellular voicemail can pick up the call when the cell phone is off or doesn’t manage to get the call. Therefore, I switched to using “FollowMe()”, which prompts to press 1 to accept the call or 2 to reject it; this screens out the cellular voicemail answering the line.

The problem with FollowMe is that, when I press “1” at the callee end to accept the call, the channels get joined instantaneously, and the DTMF tone from pressing “1” passes through to the caller. I don’t want the caller to hear this DTMF tone, but I can’t seem to avoid it.

Please note that in the FollowMe configuration, each number to be dialed is a separate extension in a dedicated Context, which calls “Dial()” on that number.

The configuration looks roughly like this:

In extensions.conf:

[my-ivr-followme]
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/outbound/+12345551234) ; Cell phone
exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/outbound/+12345554321) ; Home phone
exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/outbound/+12345556789) ; Work phone
exten => 4,1,Dial(SIP/localphone) ; Local SIP client connected to Asterisk

[my-ivr]
exten => s,1,FollowMe(default)
same => n,Voicemail(1234@default,u)

In followme.conf:

[default]
musicclass=>default
context => my-ivr-followme
number=>1&2&3&4,21

How can I stop the DTMF tone from pressing “1” from getting through to the caller when the channels get bridged? Is there a way to make the FollowMe module wait until after the DTMF entry is finished sounding?