How to setup conference calls Asterisk

Hi all, I am trying to take advantage of the conferencing mechanism in Asterisk. The way see it, its currently very manual and static to setup a conference call. I would like to emulate webex and other conferencing systems where we can setup conferences ahead of time and distribute them to our participants. The only way I can do it now with confbridge is by changing the dialplan and the confbridge.conf files.

Surely, it can’t be that way as it is not very user friendly. I want the users to be able to setup their own con-calls with their own conference IDs and PINS( generated automatically).

Any help, or even any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

“Conferences on the fly” are no problem and no dialplan adjustment is needed.

Just use some sort of external database and address it with odbc or use the internal astdb.
All parameters such as Conference-ID PIN a.s.o. may be stored (and even generated) there and can be used dynamically in the dialplan.

Olaf:
Thank you very much for your response. Is there a manual document for confbridge outside of what’s on asterisk wiki. If you can point me to an example where I can do the conferences on the fly stuff, with all the bells and whistles, it would be much appreciated.