How to do Redirect in the Manager API?

I am having some trouble with the Redirect action using the Manager API. I guess, the documentation is not too clear.

I want to move an existing conversation to a meetme room using my application. So with my app, I started a conversation between extentions 281 and 272. Now I’d like to move them to a meetme room. What should I send?

Thanks.

do you use some library or plain socket IO?

cause I use Asterisk-Java and redirecting just one channel works fine, but when I try to redirect 2 channels (with extraChannel option), first one is redirected and the other (extra) not. i think there’s some bug, but not sure where - in lib or in manager API itself.

so far i just send 2 actions consequtively for 2 channels and it works, however this is not quite good as it adds additional time delay.

[quote=“rgelb”]I am having some trouble with the Redirect action using the Manager API. I guess, the documentation is not too clear.

I want to move an existing conversation to a meetme room using my application. So with my app, I started a conversation between extentions 281 and 272. Now I’d like to move them to a meetme room. What should I send?

Thanks.[/quote]

redirect action works for channels, not extensions.
so you have to know what extension maps to what channel.
e.g. 281 == SIP/281 (see your configs).
then you have to list through active channels with StatusAction to find corresponding active channel (e.g. SIP/281-b9ca) and only then send this channel in RedirectAction.

Maybe a bit late to commit on this one, but just for the archives:
If you are using BRIstuff and the redirect action via Manager API you encounter exactly the problem you described.
There is a patch for latest BRIstuff at reucon.net/~srt/bristuff_q_redirect.patch and i forwarded it to Junghanns but never got a reply.

=Stefan