How to change VoiceMailMain meny and Voicemail prompts?

Hi, I want to change and build own menus for VoiceMailMain() and the VoiceMail prompts. How do I do this? Can’t find the configuration for these?

I know I can use the “,us” when going to a VoiceMail but that would still not remove the default “Thank you” when you press # after recorded the message.

I would also like to change the whole menu for listening to the voice mail to my own voice and setup the menu choices myself., e.g “press 1 for next message, press 2 to delete current message” and then no more choices.

How is this configurable?

/fLa

You could pretty easily set up your own custom voicemail system using an AGI. I have done this before.

Matthew

Watch for our new website coming soon to asterisketc.com

Hmm, using AGI. Have to look into that.

So isn’t there a way just to change the current menu? Just change some alternatives and change the sound files? I don’t want to “reinvent” the voicemail system.

/fLa

PS Do you have an example of AGI voicemail configuration? Links?

If you just want to change the sounds, take a look at /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/. There are a lot of sounds there you’d need to replace, however. I’m not aware of any way you can change the built in voicemail systems basic functionality (e.g., which buttons control which functions).

I don’t have an AGI I can share (they’re covered under NDA with my clients), but if you need help developing one, drop me a PM. I would recommend writing it in Perl, but, in principle, you should be able to write it in any language, from C to Ruby.

Matthew

Watch for our new website coming soon to asterisketc.com