How can I send voicemail to multiple email IDs?

Hi,

I installed and configured the new version of Trixbox. I have created two extensions (156&157) with voicemail enabled. When I receive a call from outside, my IVR is responded. When user press 156, if he (156) unable to answer the phone, the voice mail will be goes to 156 and 157 email IDs. I mean, I want to send voice mail to multiple email addresses. How can i do this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

I don’t know how to do this from within Asterisk - if you must use extension association. But you can easily do this outside Asterisk. Or you can even try utilising the mailcmd features, e.g., if “mailcmd=sendmail -t” (as given in voicemail.conf.sample), try (untested)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I tried as you said. But, its not working. Any other idea?

Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

If you control a mail server, simply make an alias (email adress that gets forwarded to 2 other emails), but that got nothing to do with asterisk.

But i was expecting the idea of simply putting 2 emails with a comma in between to work (but i never tested)
maybe it’s the ‘,’ that the parser doesn’t like, you could try a ‘;’

Thought about this one, too. But you’d have to find an MTA that’s ;-friendly. Most Linux MTA’s are not. (Unless you modify source, and use something that’s not a ‘;’ because shell is also against it.)

Regarding mail server, you don’t need control. You already run Astereisk in Linux, which generally comes with alias facility for MTA’s. You can do system level alias or user level alias. Google ‘Linux mail alias’ should give you plenty of pointers.