Here is our current configuration:
- Incoming T1 from telco
- T1 connects to Adit 600 channel bank
- Channel bank contains two FXS (8 chan each) cards
- Elephant cable (24 pair) runs from channel bank to 66 block (our CO lines)
- POTS phones connected to 66 block
- 66 block also routes to existing PBX
- We only have 14 phone numbers on the T1, so channels 15+ I believe are unused.
I will be migrating from the old PBX and POTS phones to Asterisk with SIP hardphones, and I want Asterisk to interface with the T1 digitally (TE110P or TE210P, whichever I need).
So my question is how can I keep the existing phone system running until fully migrated to Asterisk? I.e. I’ll add a couple of phone numbers to the T1 (channels 15 and 16) for Asterisk to use for external calls to come in and to dial out, while channels 1-14 still hit the channel bank and route through the elephant cable to 66 block.
Digium pre-sales suggested that I could use a TE210P, run the T1 directly into port #1, and forward channels 1-14 through port #2 which would connect to the channel bank. I can’t figure out how this would be configured though. Any suggestions?