I am working on a Contact Center solution. It will support mail, chat and call queries.
The requirements are:
- An end-customer calls, the call is redirected to an IVR system (can this be Asterisk?).
- Customer makes IVR selection, his call is put on hold and an entry is made in my system’s database for incoming queries.
- These queries are shown to agents handling calls.
- And agent clicks on a a query, he is connected to the customer (through Softphone?).
- He talks to the customer and resolve his queries.
Please guide me on how can do it. The application will be written in Java.
I am an experienced programmers in Java/J2EE; but doesn’t have much knowledge of VoIP/Asterisk. Please guide about the opimum architecture for this.