[HELP] MeetMe, "That is not a valid conference number&q

This may be a simple issue or something that I have over looked but I have not been successful implementing a user or admin PIN for a static conference. I am running the latest CVS head code “Asterisk SVN-trunk-r7498” using ztdummy as my timing source. I have a SIP truck connected from our Metaswitch and can make any inbound or outbound calls as needed. My problems occur anytime I place a PIN in the meetme.conf. I get the recording “That is not a valid conference number”. If I configure my extensions file to create a dynamic conference using the “D” option a PIN number works with no issues. My sip, meetme, and extensions configs can be found below along with the CLI output. I stripped everything down on a new setup using the defaults and still get the same results. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

MEETME
[general]

[rooms]
; Usage is conf => confno[,pin][,adminpin]
conf => 600,1234

SIP
[general]
context=default ; Default context for incoming calls
bindport=5060 ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0 ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
disallow=all ; First disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw ; Allow codecs in order of preference

[keith]
type=friend
regexten=****
username=****
callerid=
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[sip2-gtc-metaswitch]
type=friend
insecure=very
host=****
realm=****
username=****
md5secret=****
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

EXTENSIONS
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[globals]

[default]

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Set,CALLERID(num)=3346990177
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sip2-gtc-metaswitch,60,r)
exten => _NXXXXXX,3,Congestion

exten => 600,1,Answer
exten => 600,2,Meetme(,Ms,)
exten => 600,3,Hangup()

CLI OUTPUT
Verbosity is at least 10
– Executing Answer(“SIP/keith-2468”, “”) in new stack
– Executing MeetMe(“SIP/keith-2468”, “|Ms|”) in new stack
– Playing ‘conf-getconfno’ (language ‘en’)
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: Found
– Playing ‘conf-invalid’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘conf-getconfno’ (language ‘en’)
== Spawn extension (default, 600, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/keith-2468’
gtc-confsrv*CLI>

nevermind, disregard.

Looks to me like your problem is a syntax issue with the meetme command. You have:

exten => 600,2,Meetme(,Ms,)

try:

exten => 600,2,Meetme(600|Ms)

Mike

I have previously tried this format as well. The “|” pipe or “,” comma is a valid symbol that can be used in the extensions file. I did try the format again and I still receive the same message with the same output.

Thanks,
Keith

Just to elaborate a little I have tried the following formats in my extensions file. The only time I get the problem is when I try to create a static conference with a pin in the meetme.conf.

exten => 600,2,MeetMe()

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(600,Ms,1234)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(600|Ms|1234)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(600|Ms)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(600,Ms)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(600)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(,Ms)

exten => 600,2,MeetMe(|Ms)

etc… (almost if not every way you can think of)

With the meetme.conf setup with the entry “conf => 600” everything works but there is no pin number required for the conference. If I use the entry “conf => 600,1234” in my meetme.conf or “conf => 600,1234,4321” I am prompted with “That is not a valid conference number” when dialing into the conference.

Again if I create a conference using the “D” option in my extensions file (example: exten => 600,2,MeetMe(,DMs)) I can create a conference with a pin that works with no issues and requires the pin to join the conference.

-Keith

I am still looking for a resolution to this problem. If you have any helpful information please let me know.

Thanks,
-Keith

Hi

Have you tried havinng the conf room number different to the number thats dialed in

IE
exten => 600,2,MeetMe(699|Ms|1234)

Ian

Same results. The conference works until I add a pin to the static conference in the meetme.conf. Using your suggestion I get the following results.

Example: meetme.conf

conf => 700 (WORKS)
conf => 700,1234 (Does not work. States “That is not a valid conference number”)

Hi all,
mindb8, I am also facing the same isue these days and haven’t figured my way out of it. But as far as I have studied, in order to have a meet me conference your must have a timing device. And I am guessing that you are not using X100P cards (like me). If yes then you should install ztdummy.
For more information, please visit:
voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … er+ztdummy

Please do let me know your comments about ztdummy.

Regards

mnazeer,

I am still looking for the solution at this time. As stated in my first post “I am running the latest CVS head code “Asterisk SVN-trunk-r7498” using ztdummy as my timing source.”

Also, as stated meetme works with no problems which which mean there is no timing source issue.

Regards

Hmm…ok, here is what i have and what works:

The bit from meetme.conf:

conf => 2345,9938

The dialplan imulating your line (extensions.conf):

exten => 8601,1,Meetme(,Ms,)

I lift up receiver
i dial 8601
The lady tells me "Please enter the conference number ypou which to enter"
i type 2345
Lady says "Please enter the pin to enter"
i type 9938
Lady says “You are the only one in this conference atm” (or so)

So i entered with the PIN.

And this isnt working for you ?

Waht i see in your CLI output is, that the lady cant find your conference number:
Playing ‘conf-invalid’ (language ‘en’)

What number you are typing in ?
You dont type the extension number, you type the meetme.conf number.

I just mention it, sometimes these errors are based on such easy things…

Have you found a solution yet? I have the same problem:

meetme.conf
[rooms]

conf => 5678
conf => 5679,2345
conf => 5680,2345,3456

extensions.conf
[inbound]
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,1,Wait(1)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,2,Answer()
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,3,Meetme(5678|p)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,4,Playback(yes-dear)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,5,Hangup()

(where x is my incoming phone number which answers). Any ideas what I am missing here? I have the feeling it is something obvious. Thanks!

[quote=“RichardHH”]Hmm…ok, here is what i have and what works:

The bit from meetme.conf:

conf => 2345,9938

The dialplan imulating your line (extensions.conf):

I lift up receiver
i dial 8601
The lady tells me "Please enter the conference number ypou which to enter"
i type 2345
Lady says "Please enter the pin to enter"
i type 9938
Lady says “You are the only one in this conference atm” (or so)

So i entered with the PIN.

And this isnt working for you ?

Waht i see in your CLI output is, that the lady cant find your conference number:
Playing ‘conf-invalid’ (language ‘en’)

What number you are typing in ?
You dont type the extension number, you type the meetme.conf number.

I just mention it, sometimes these errors are based on such easy things…[/quote]

RichardHH,

I copied your exact example and executed the same steps as you described and still get the same results “That is not a vaild conference number”. I even stopped and started Asterisk after the config chagnes just to make sure.

Thanks,
Keith

[quote=“kwilliams”]Have you found a solution yet? I have the same problem:

meetme.conf
[rooms]

conf => 5678
conf => 5679,2345
conf => 5680,2345,3456

extensions.conf
[inbound]
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,1,Wait(1)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,2,Answer()
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,3,Meetme(5678|p)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,4,Playback(yes-dear)
exten => xxxxxxxxxx,5,Hangup()

(where x is my incoming phone number which answers). Any ideas what I am missing here? I have the feeling it is something obvious. Thanks![/quote]

:frowning: I have not fould the solution at this time. Keep checking back though, I plan to get it resolved some way…

Regards

Ok, lets “surround” the problem :smiling_imp:

This is not a valid conf no means, the conference is not existing (how smart of me huh ? hehehe)

So we need to check, if its REALLY the conf not existing or the DTMF which is wrong…(doh!).

So, we need to check that:

You need to create a testextension reading back the digits you typed in.
As a workaround, do a simply WAITEXTEN and have asterisk dialing that exten then, cuz you can see on the CLI what asterisk is dialing then.

Maybe the tones are real problem here…

Sounds like a great idea to me. I have a few things to complete and I will setup a test to review what digits Asterisk thinks it is receiving. I should have an update to this by mid afternoon. Thanks for your feedback and assistance thus far.

-Keith

I thought of the possibility of the source issue being the system not recoginizing the numbers I enter as well (even though it hasn’t been a problem on anything else). That’s why in my config I explicitly set the conference number so that I would not have to enter the conference number.

When dialing the number, the following appears in my CLI:

> requested format = ulaw, > requested prefs = (), > actual format = ulaw, > host prefs = (), > priority = mine -- Executing Wait("IAX2/sixTel-4", "1") in new stack -- Executing Answer("IAX2/sixTel-4", "") in new stack -- Executing MeetMe("IAX2/sixTel-4", "5678|p") in new stack == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found -- Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en') == Spawn extension (inbound, xxxxxxxxxx, 3) exited non-zero on 'IAX2/sixTel-4' -- Hungup 'IAX2/sixTel-4'

so it appears that my extensions.conf is correct with this line (previous two commands where answer and wait):

Which is why I am baffled. My entire meetme.conf file is:

[code][general]

[rooms]
conf => 5678
conf => 5679,2345
conf => 5680,2345,3456[/code]

Could there be some kind of security permissions? Do I have some kind of stupid typo somewhere that I’m just missing? Maybe there is something I have to do to instantiate the conference room that I’m skipping over?

Keith does it work for you when you set the conf room number in your extensions.conf file like I did above?

Thanks again for the help!

Kevin

hmmmmmm…here is my CLI for conf 2345 with pin 9938 on extension 8601:

-- Executing MeetMe("SIP/34-ad61", "|Ms|") in new stack
-- Playing 'conf-getconfno' (language 'de')

== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: Found
– Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference ‘2345’
– Playing ‘conf-getpin’ (language ‘de’)
– Playing ‘conf-onlyperson’ (language ‘de’)

The meetme and ext…conf at this point:

Meet…:
[rooms]
conf => 2345,9938

Please note, my 8601 extension is within the same context the phone i am using is spawning !

PS:

Dumb question…you all CHECKED that ZTDUMMY is loaded and used incase you have no Digium card ?

Althought that would result i a line like
WARNING[14351]: File app_meetme.c, Line 158 (build_conf): Unable to open

hmmm…

Ok, im not sure how to, maybe my SIG link is telling you how to, but i think we might need a debug log at this point, to see WHAT is asterisk causing not to create this channel.

I think, your configs are all right, but some “internal” mechanism is asterisk not allowing to create the room. So we need a debug now.

Check my sig-link, if the instruction is there how to get a debuglog.

[quote=“RichardHH”]Ok, lets “surround” the problem :smiling_imp:

This is not a valid conf no means, the conference is not existing (how smart of me huh ? hehehe)

So we need to check, if its REALLY the conf not existing or the DTMF which is wrong…(doh!).

So, we need to check that:

You need to create a testextension reading back the digits you typed in.
As a workaround, do a simply WAITEXTEN and have asterisk dialing that exten then, cuz you can see on the CLI what asterisk is dialing then.

Maybe the tones are real problem here…[/quote]

I got tied up on some things yesterday and was not able to get a response up, but the Asterisk is recognizing the correct digits dialed.

-Keith