[HELP] MeetMe, "That is not a valid conference number&q

[quote=“kwilliams”]

Keith does it work for you when you set the conf room number in your extensions.conf file like I did above?

Thanks again for the help!

Kevin[/quote]

No it does not work for me that way either. That was one of the first things I tried.

-Keith

Like said, i dont think the conference isnt created due to dialplan issues, i think there are technical issues “in the background” causing the conf not to be created, thats why we need a debug log !

I modified my extensions.conf file as below using the meetme.conf below as well. I set my logger.conf file to “console => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose” and started Asterisk the following command “asterisk -vvvvvv -g -dddddd -c”. Is there a specific debug file you would like to look at.

Extensions.conf
exten => 8601,1,Answer
exten => 8601,2,Read(dialeddigits,4,3)
exten => 8601,3,NoOp(${dialeddigits})
exten => 8601,4,Saydigits(${dialeddigits})
exten => 8601,5,Meetme(${dialeddigits},Ms,)

Meetme.conf

[general]

[rooms]
; Usage is conf => confno[,pin][,adminpin]
conf => 2345,9938

Console Output:

-- Executing Answer("SIP/keith-dc14", "") in new stack
-- Executing Read("SIP/keith-dc14", "dialeddigits||4|3") in new stack
-- Accepting a maximum of 4 digits.
-- User entered '2345'
-- Executing NoOp("SIP/keith-dc14", "2345") in new stack
-- Executing SayDigits("SIP/keith-dc14", "2345") in new stack
-- Playing 'digits/2' (language 'en')
-- Playing 'digits/3' (language 'en')
-- Playing 'digits/4' (language 'en')
-- Playing 'digits/5' (language 'en')
-- Executing MeetMe("SIP/keith-dc14", "2345|Ms|") in new stack
-- Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en')

Ok…VERY obviously it IS a technical reason, because this line in the CLI output is missing:

-- Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference '1234'

(my conf i just used is 1234)

Can u check the bugtracker at
bugs.digium.com

there is a stickey showing how to get the needed ebug. I never used it so far so i have no clue how to get the correct debug log. But its on the mainpage of their bugtracker (how to post bugs).

It appears that Kieth (or Mindb8) and I are having different (although similar) issues due to the fact that your application is not parsing the meetme.conf file (is it in the correct location with the correct rights?)

Mine is parsing–just deciding to do nothing with it. I am pretty sure ztdummy is installed as it wouldn’t even try the meetme functionality from what I have read if not installed.

I could of sworn this worked for me a few months back–now that I come back and try to implement it for real it’s just not doing it. I actually just copied the sample meetme.conf file–removed the semi colon in front of the conference room 1234, and tried that (updated extensions.conf to use conf # 1234 as well). I stil get the same error:

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found -- Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en')

It’s obviously parsing the file–but it doesn’t show in the CLI what it finds when parsing. That information would be very helpful in determining the next steps. Does anyone have an idea for how I would figure out what Asterisk is seeing when it parses the meetme.conf file?

Ok,

I solved my problem (and feel like an idiot). While I compiled for ztdummy, I did not set it to automatically load the module on startup (determined this using lsmod, modprobe). Conference calling now works.

Keith, the thing I found interesting is how limited your CLI output is with debug and verbose logging set. The crticial line I find missing in your CLI output:

== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: Found

I looked in your orginal posting, and it was there…if you can get back to your original state you should get some more information with the verbose CLI setting.

I wish mine was that simple. I am still looking at bug logs and trying to debug the issue. As you can see from my output below and sample configs everythings is setup correcty only the conference with a pin number fails. As i stated in my first post if I create the conference dynamically it will allow me to assign a pin and works as it should.

[quote] – Executing Answer(“SIP/keith-179f”, “”) in new stack
– Executing Read(“SIP/keith-179f”, “dialeddigits||4|3”) in new stack
– Accepting a maximum of 4 digits.
– User entered ‘2345’
– Executing NoOp(“SIP/keith-179f”, “2345”) in new stack
– Executing SayDigits(“SIP/keith-179f”, “2345”) in new stack
– Playing ‘digits/2’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/3’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/4’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/5’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing MeetMe(“SIP/keith-179f”, “2345|Ms|”) in new stack
– Playing ‘conf-invalid’ (language ‘en’)
== Spawn extension (default, 8601, 5) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/keith-179f’
– Executing Answer(“SIP/keith-0082”, “”) in new stack
– Executing Read(“SIP/keith-0082”, “dialeddigits||4|3”) in new stack
– Accepting a maximum of 4 digits.
– User entered ‘1234’
– Executing NoOp(“SIP/keith-0082”, “1234”) in new stack
– Executing SayDigits(“SIP/keith-0082”, “1234”) in new stack
– Playing ‘digits/1’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/2’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/3’ (language ‘en’)
– Playing ‘digits/4’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing MeetMe(“SIP/keith-0082”, “1234|Ms|”) in new stack
– Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference ‘1234’
– Playing ‘conf-onlyperson’ (language ‘en’)
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on channel ‘SIP/keith-0082’
– Stopped music on hold on SIP/keith-0082
– Hungup ‘Zap/pseudo-994128017’[/quote]

meetme.conf

[quote]conf => 1234

conf => 2345,9938[/quote]

extensions.conf

[quote]exten => 8601,1,Answer
exten => 8601,2,Read(dialeddigits,4,3)
exten => 8601,3,NoOp(${dialeddigits})
exten => 8601,4,Saydigits(${dialeddigits})
exten => 8601,5,Meetme(${dialeddigits},Ms,)[/quote]

Are you sure you set your logging.conf correctly (and if so you reloaded it)?

When my system failed, it inserted a lot of additional information between these two lines:

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found -- Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en')

My only other thought is from the CLI you can enter iax2 debug (are you using an IAX phone?). That might indicate some the source issue as well…

Being new to Asterisk myself, that’s all I can think of! Hope this helps!

Use the | not the , in meetme.conf

This fixed my problem and now I’m able to use pins with MeetMe