In my setup, I do not have any zaptel devices. I am just using DAHDI. I have the latest version of Asterisk and DAHDI.
Things have been working fine. Today, I decided to add MeetMe.
The only modification I have made to the default meetme.conf is added a conference room
conf => 1234,1234,2222
My extensions.conf simply has a line:
exten => 600,1,MeetMe(1234,sM)
When I dial extension 600 from my Cisco phone, I am taken to the conference room where I enter my admin code 2222. An announcement is made that I am the only caller (as expected) and a default on-hold music starts. After about 15 to 20 seconds, I simply get disconnected.
I am running asterisk with -vvvvvvvvvvgc and here is the relevant output:
-- Executing [600@FromCiscoPhone:1] MeetMe("SIP/101-b7d032d8", "1234,sM") in new stack
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: == Found
– Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference ‘1234’
– <SIP/101-b7d032d8> Playing ‘conf-getpin.ulaw’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/101-b7d032d8> Playing ‘conf-onlyperson.ulaw’ (language ‘en’)
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on SIP/101-b7d032d8
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-1748462190’
== Spawn extension (FromCiscoPhone, 600, 1) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/101-b7d032d8’
– Stopped music on hold on SIP/101-b7d032d8
tail -f /var/log/messages does not show anything interesting either.
I can reproduce the same problem with or without music-on-hold.
Can someone please help me understand why I get disconnected in the middle of the wait?
Thank you in advance for your help.