[HELP] How to see the route of a call with CDR database?

Hello everybody,

I’m new to Asterisk and i already have a (surely basic) question … How can I determine the route of a call with the CDR database ? (so for a call that has already been made)
I mean, I want to be able to say that a call arrived on the phone number X (ringing for 17 seconds and talking for 32 seconds), then was transferred to Mr. Y (phone number Z), who took 4 seconds to take the call, etc…

I’m seeking for a solution since Monday and still have no clues about how to do it …
So your help would be very very appreciated ! :smile:

oh and btw, I’ve looked at the CDR database and I’ve tried to find out how everything is related to, but some parts are still a bit mystical for me :smiley: (like channels and so on)

No ideas ?

Hi

Basicly you just have to go through the call step by step. Its Time consuming but if need to be done its just a methodical job thats not too complicated.

Ian

Not simple. To do this well you need call event logging (CEL), rather than CDRs. That is in the trunk code and might be in 1.6.2.

CEL was invented because non-trivial calls are difficult to handle with CDRs. Sometimes you don’t even get CDRs, and may have to make judicious use of ResetCDR, etc., to get enough information to reconstruct the call.

Note that SIP enquiries an be particularly difficult, as there is no warning given to the PABX that a call is an enquiry associated with another call, other than that the From: header may match a previous From: or To: for a call that is still active. Even CEL will not be able to make that association without some help from you.

If you are doing anything non-trivial with CDRs you should turn on logging of “unanswered” (an oversimplification) calls.

[quote=“david55”]Not simple. To do this well you need call event logging (CEL), rather than CDRs. That is in the trunk code and might be in 1.6.2.

CEL was invented because non-trivial calls are difficult to handle with CDRs. Sometimes you don’t even get CDRs, and may have to make judicious use of ResetCDR, etc., to get enough information to reconstruct the call.

Note that SIP enquiries an be particularly difficult, as there is no warning given to the PABX that a call is an enquiry associated with another call, other than that the From: header may match a previous From: or To: for a call that is still active. Even CEL will not be able to make that association without some help from you.

If you are doing anything non-trivial with CDRs you should turn on logging of “unanswered” (an oversimplification) calls.[/quote]

m’kay, I can see, more or less, what you think.
But the aim is to automate it. So it has to work without my intervention (except running the script, for sure)