CDR(call detail records)

Hi ,

I’m trying to enable call detail records in asterisk 1.8 can u suggest any idea for this feature …please reply

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … DR+Backend

Thanks for your reply ,

I had enabled all the configuration files which should be uncommented for CDR .And also i had created data base for this one .May i Know any dial plans should be added in the extension for testing this process.please reply

Only hte cdr.conf files needs setting for CDRs to work. .csv ones are enable in the sample configuration.

Thanks for your reply .

Is there any need to install MYSQL and ODBC connector.I have already install SQLITE3 .please reply.

I have only ever used file based CDRs.

Thanks for your reply.

But we have to create database for storing the call detail records.And how we will communicate between SQL and ASTERISK.After running asterisk on command terminal I’m not getting any database like ODBC.The recorded call details should be showed in CLI terminal. Kindly reply for this and give me a better suggestion to solve this problem

Hi ,

Can any one tell me whether in call detail ecords(CDR) we can able to identify the forwarded call list.please reply

I don’t understand “forwarded call list”.

However CDRs are not suitable for non-trivial calls, including ones that involve transfers. For that you need channel even logging, which, I believe, only has a file interface. You should write code to interpret that, in the context of your dialplan an your accounting requirements, and have your code populate the database.

Thanks for your reply…

In call detail records(CDR) we can able to see only the source and destination (i.e.extensions) but if the call is forwarded to another extension how we can get that call log list.please reply

Are you talkiing about transfers, internal forwarding (Goto application) or redirection?

There are multiple ways of doing both transfers and redirection, even when only using SIP.

In general, though, these are all complex cases, and you should use channel event logging, not CDRs. You will need to write code to analyse this in the context of your specific dialplan.

Thanks for your reply Im taking about call forwarding.

The bit about channel event logging applies. Moreover, there are many different ways of doing transfers.

I believe that the latest versions do have an additional CDR field that is inherited on a successful transfer, to the extent that Asterisk knows there is a transfer. I’m fairly sure that wasn’t present before the major rewrite that postdated 1.8.

If you want to “track” a forwarded call in the CDR, you will need to look at multiple CDR entrys. You usually get two CDR entrys for a forwarded call.
Basically it’s up to the way how call forwarding is implemented in the Asterisk DialPlan.

Thanks for the reply

The best piece of advice that I have -> check you dialplan and check your CDR’s on a non busy server after a call with call forwarding enabled. You will soon have an answer.

If you are using a WebGUI to generate your dialplan, check for Local Channel entrys or forwarded calls :wink:

Thanks for your reply .Whether asterisk 1.8 supports these kind of call detail records for forwarded calls (or) transfered calls .please reply

Can any one tell whether in call detail records(CDR) we can able to see the transfered call list.please reply

[quote=“dejanst”]The best piece of advice that I have -> check you dialplan and check your CDR’s on a non busy server after a call with call forwarding enabled. You will soon have an answer.

If you are using a WebGUI to generate your dialplan, check for Local Channel entrys or forwarded calls :wink:[/quote]

I really can’t be more clear that that. If you don’t want to do the tests and analyze the CDR’s, I can help you with that.