Garbled Playback sound

Hello everyone!

I have a Freeebsd & Asterisk with very simple context:

I dial ‘1999’ and hear: “one” (clearly), “two” (garbled),… [big silence here]…, “еight”(clearly), “nine”(clearly), “ten”(clearly)

I’ve tried different file formats: gsm/sln/mp3
I’ve tried kernels 7.1, 7.2
I’ve tried Asterisk 1.4.24.1 and 1.6.0.9
I’ve tried kernel.hz 250/1000/2000

ztdummy (version 1.4.11) loaded

“Long” files seem to be played normally.

This situation makes “call parking” feature unusable - the caller is unable to here the numbers :smiley:

Thanks in advance!

You might try testing the individual sound files to be sure they sound OK when played alone. Trying a Wait(1) between each sound file might also provide a clue as to what’s wrong.

also, look in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits (or whatever the equivilant on BSD is) to see if you have all the digits in the same formats… especially in the native format of the call.

Thanks for your replies!

Batrams,

1999 => {
Answer();
PlayBack(digits/1);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/2);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/3);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/4);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/5);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/6);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/7);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/8 ) ;
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/9);
Wait(1);
PlayBack(digits/10);
} 

all digits sounds OK!

Do you have some idea in this case?
I dont :frowning:

I need the “call parking” function… Then I dial *4, Asterisk is trying to play 1201 (as I see on the log), but I hear leading “one” and, sometimes, trailing “one” :smile:

What are you using for a phone? Maybe test using a different phone or try a soft phone and see if the problem persists.

I’m trying with SIP (Cisco ATA 188) and H323 trunk

apparently, the only difference from any my successful installation is that this is running in Vmware esx :frowning: