FreeBPX Glitch? Or is it human error? Dialplan issues

you’d think that would show in the logs, no? e.g. when you get a misdirected call, what shows up in /var/log/asterisk/full?

See thats the weird part.

All of the logs indicate the CORRECT numbers being sent to the various Zaptel Channels.

I’m totally in the dark as to why this is causing intermentiant performance.

Sometimes it works… sometimes it didn’t.

I’ll need to re-check the logs by hand… i’ve been using FreePBX’s engine to produce a CAT TAIL of the last 2000 or so lines of the Asterisk logs.

oh nuts. i just flahed on something when you said the right number is being sent to the zaptel channel. i ran into a problem way back when i first started using my tdm400 card - apparently it can start dialing before the telco (verizon in my case) is ready - the net result is the first digit sometimes gets dropped. what i did was to prepend a ‘w’ to the number before sending it to zap channel - that tells asterisk to wait (for one second for each ‘w’ if i recall…)

Oh REAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLY…

Hmmm… wonder how I can tell FreePBX to do that without it over writeing the config files.

Intersting…

easy. you specify it in the Outgoing Dial Rules. You use the “+” to prepend a ‘w’. Something like a ‘w’ (in the Outbound Dial Prefix, if I recall).

I’ll give it a shot… I trust this must be BEFORE the dialing of digits.

would make sense in a sequential logistical manner.

Err… I could use an example as to how the rule would look in FreePBX.

I’m not seeing any indication that its working.

I don’t have access right now, but once you’ve saved your change, look at extensions*.conf and look for a Dial command with a ‘w’ at the front?

Theres no W… does this mean the + has to be at the beginning of the line?

OK… I tihink I figured it out.

Right Idea… wrong context…IF… I got it right.

I could only install a wait command at the TRUNK outbound dialing rules.

I typed a W into the outbound dialing prefix and it took it.

It threw a fit when I gave it a “+” and said invalid prefix.

But took the “w” like it was nothing.

Now all the numbers appear to be dialing correctly on the first shot. I’ll let you know after I’ve had some time to let it run its course via various tests and what not.