Forwarding Voicemail Messages to Remote Locations

I have multiple systems in multiple locations. I was wondering if anyone knew how to setup Voicemail Message forwarding to a mailbox at a Remote Location, just as if it were on the same system.

Thanks in advance for your help!

have you considered utilizing the email attachment functionality to send voicemails via email???

if not, then if you can mount the remote location’s voicemail directory, you could route the messages just like they were local:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/remote -> mount the remote server’s voicemail context here

that is the only easy thing i can think of - otherwise, perhaps a cron job that is watching a directory for changes that can zip up and send the message to the remote box…

Thanks for your quick response.

I definitely will try the mount technique.

I do, however, have another question… Our Remote Servers are on VPN Tunnels. When you say /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/remote -> mount the remote server’s voicemail context here …Could you give a more detailed example with using 10.10.100.1 as IP of Remote Asterisk Server. The messages are in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default. I am also not that familiar with mount.

Thanks again for your help

i’m not that great either, but it would be something like this, i would think:

in your local machine’s voicemail.conf, you’d want the “remote” mailboxes to be in a remote context, so keep that in mind.

as for mounting the remote directory, i had to play around with it for a while, and came up with this:

ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/10/28/ … ing-sshfs/

i haven’t been able to test yet (busy day) but it should work.