Forgive me for asking a stuoid question

Hello all

I wonder if it’s possible at all to install Asterisk and using it as a SIP server with just one NIC ? My intention is to use it with some kind of IP based phone and then to move on using it as an Unified Communication server along with Exchange server.

I must say I am totally clueless but I feel I must learn this so if there’s anyone outthere who can bare with me and give me a few hints/directions or preferrly a step-by-step guide if possible. I know mail servers and TCP/IP and a few Directory services but I feel a bit lost here. The thing is I have a Ubuntu server with 1 NIC, is that at all sufficient or do I need one more NIC.

I am not very keen on purchasing a PSTN interface card if it’s not mandatory to get it to run as UC/SIP server. So is there any hope to get it to run with 1 NIC? Any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Kent

Yes. 1 network interface card is a very common configuration for Asterisk. Why might you expect otherwise?

Next time, please summarise the question in the subject, rather than describing the quality of the question. People use the subjects to decide whether they know enough to answer the question and to keep track of interesting ones.