I’m not exactly a newbie. I have been using * since v1.0 but I’m not a heavyweight by any means. I am using v1.8 for the first time.
My new system worked fine for a few days making and receiving calls with a basic dialplan. When I added some complexity to the dialplan and cleaned up some things, suddenly the extensions.conf just quit working. By that I mean, when I run “dialplan reload” the file is found but none of my extensions register. I have tried rewriting and simplifying but whatever I write seems to be ignored, even intentional errsors. When I run “dialplan show”, the only extensions showing are the ones from pbx_ael and such.