Extend dial-waiting time

Hi,

I have a Panasonic cordless phone linked to Linksys PAP2 then connected to Asterusk 1.4 box. When I try to dial it give me the dial tone. The problem is the dial tone last to short, 3 sec only, then it changed to fast-busy! I would like it give me a little bit more time to start dialing. How can I extend this dial-waiting time? :question:

On the same network, the Xlite softphone has no such problem. It will give me dial tone which last forever.

If I connect the ATA(PAP2) to another TrixBox2.0 box, then the dial tone is also normal.

Thanks for help.

[quote=“dynaguy”]Hi,

I have a Panasonic cordless phone linked to Linksys PAP2 then connected to Asterusk 1.4 box. When I try to dial it give me the dial tone. The problem is the dial tone last to short, 3 sec only, then it changed to fast-busy! I would like it give me a little bit more time to start dialing. How can I extend this dial-waiting time? :question:

On the same network, the Xlite softphone has no such problem. It will give me dial tone which last forever.

If I connect the ATA(PAP2) to another TrixBox2.0 box, then the dial tone is also normal.

Thanks for help.[/quote]

Your PAP2 should have a setting somewhere in it to increase the Dial time from a standard 4 seconds to what ever you want, i generally recommend no more then 8 seconds but comfortable about 6 seconds, the timer should also reset after each button is pressed as well so 6 Seconds is more then ample.

The Xlite soft does not have to worry about this as it does not actually make a connection to the server until you press the send button, so time outs are not an issue with the Xlite soft phones.

Just have a look around through your PAP device and also some settings In TrixBox, you should be able to find what your looking for.

Cheers,

David.