Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
i am reciving this error on my cli regularly after 3 4 calls .when system come to dial the number suddenly disconnect and this error will appear.its not happen in regular bases but happened after 3 4 calls

i am going to clarify that my inbound and outbound is working fine on the PRI’s but the problem is with outbound often occurs that it will disconnect the call just after dialing and CLI shows the below mentioned error.

My Question is if that cell no is not in service or out of reach or disconnected then it should take some time to display this message but it sudden display and disconnect the calls after every 3rd or 4th call.it mean that there is some issue with our configuration not with the client cellno.

Please help to fix it out

This is informational, rather than an error.

At the very least, you need to find the value of ${HANGUPCAUSE}. Even then you may need a protocol level trace.

If the PRI cards are genuine Digium ones, you may qualify for support from Digium (see first sticky posting).

i have sangoma card and i have checked with there team they said its asterisk +Dahdi issue consult with them so thats why m here.

i ma reciveing this message after every 3rd or 4th call.it cannot dial the no simply discoonect it and display this message

Sangoma’s refusing to support you and has turned you over to no one? Might I suggest returning the Sangoma card and purchasing a Digium card instead - as we provide support for our products when used with Asterisk and DAHDI.